POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Signs you're doing it wrong... : Re: Signs you're doing it wrong... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Signs you're doing it wrong...
From: clipka
Date: 30 Jul 2009 14:45:00
Message: <web.4a71e971a76a3e68a13874630@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   What really grinds my gears is the phenomenon during recent years of
> libraries appearing on the net which have no documentation, no introductions,
> no tutorials and no sample code. The sole "documentation" the library offers
> is a doxygen-generated listing of all classes and functions (hundreds of
> them), in no logical order (except alphabetical, which is useless) and
> usually completely uncommented.
>
>   Probably nobody but the author himself knows how to use the library.
>
>   What's the point?

Same as with contesting for American Idol, or publishing the 1,225,526th Cute
Kitty video on YouTube: Everyone can be a superstar / film maker / library
programmer. Or at least make a fool of himself trying to.

And after all, isn't that the idea of Free Software, that you give back to the
community all code you develop - no matter how useless or redundant it is? :P