POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The wonders of Wal-Mart : Re: The wonders of Wal-Mart Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:11:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The wonders of Wal-Mart
From: clipka
Date: 27 Jul 2009 18:55:00
Message: <web.4a6e302946185a5d842b7b550@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] anti-spamcomcastnet> wrote:
> >>     Stationary is always a good place to look, because stuff placed
> >> there never moves away from there.
> >
> > I dunno, pens and pencils seem to grow legs and wander off..
>
> In the guys defense, wood burning kits (which look a lot like
> a soldering iron, and can do double duty) probably are near
> the calligraphy pens in stationary.

I guess she *may* have known a "soldering iron", but wasn't sure whether a
"soldering pencil" was a particular kind of *soldering* equipment, or a
particular kind of... well, *pencil* maybe?

The reaction sounds perfectly logical to me (though you might argue she could
have asked you for details if she wasn't sure).