POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sneaky Giant : Re: Sneaky Giant Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sneaky Giant
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jul 2009 12:35:00
Message: <web.4a6c850597d6a519877441c40@news.povray.org>
Chris B <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> Let me get this straight! The US government spent $250M to get some of
> their best experts to teach them some hard lessons about how their big
> expensive weaponry could be defeated by smaller cheaper craft. Then they
> chose to ignore those lessons, but published the results for any enemies
> to read?

Looks like they were that stupid, yes.

But even if they hadn't published it, I bet rumors would have spread. And a
desperate enemy would be likely to even resort to rumor as the basis for their
strategy and tactics if it sounds like providing the only fair chance, so I
don't think much harm was done by being comparatively open about it.