POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! : Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh!
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jul 2009 10:45:00
Message: <web.4a6c6b1e33922e41877441c40@news.povray.org>
> > I think someone told that the reason was that they only designed boxes
> > with two buttons. So apparently the graphics design artist got priority
> > over useablility.
>
> More like "we already have a library routine for 2 buttons" than something
> graphics design, perhaps.

Actually, "we already have a library routine for dialogs that show a message and
a choice of buttons from "Ok", "Yes/No", "Yes/No/Cancel" and the like.

But they must have designed that "Yes/All/No/Cancel" dialog separately - it's
not a standard thing. And if a dialog features a way to say "None" by pressing
certain keys while clicking, it has to be custom-tailored as well. Or using
dirty tricks that can explode in your face the day after.