POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question on video input : Re: Question on video input Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question on video input
From: Chambers
Date: 23 Jul 2009 12:50:01
Message: <web.4a689420fc6f7f1f261d9700@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > I'd like to route a 1080p video stream through HDMI into my PC, and
> > display it either in a scaled window or, optionally, full-screen.
> > Recording would be optional.
>
> I don't have any experience of feeding those sorts of signals into a PC, but
> watch out if the stream is encrypted (eg from a games console, bluray
> player, or some HD cable/satellite boxes).  If it is then you might have
> problems viewing it on pre-Vista machines (and even on Vista machines you'll
> need a video card and monitor that can handle encrypted video data), and I
> doubt you'd be able to record it.

Well, it's from my XBox.  I'm using my TV as a monitor for my PC, and sometimes
I want to use the media player on the PC for music instead of the music
interface on the XBox.  Routing the video through the PC would make this
trivially easy.

I'm running the Windows 7 RC, and expect to purchase the full version when it's
released, so the DRM shouldn't be a problem.  As I said, I'm not terribly
interested in recording, just routing it through the desktop.

....Chambers