POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: clipka
Date: 21 Jul 2009 19:35:01
Message: <web.4a664f7cac52dfd4537313280@news.povray.org>
"David H. Burns" <dhb### [at] cherokeetelnet> wrote:
> > It might be too complex for ordinary folk to make use of its *full power*, but
> > simply coding a scene should be no tad more difficult than it is ATM.
> >
> That could be true, but I'm skeptical. The "full power" users would
> dominate and the
> rest of us would be sidelined, as has happen in programming in general.

I'm actually quite sure that something like this will happen - except that I'm
more inclined to think that instead of sidelining "OOP retards" (if I may use
such an expression :)) it will instead introduce OOP concepts to them -
provided they are willing, which I think is the major problem at least in your
case. Nobody will ever convince you of the benefits of OOP if you refuse to
give it a try; you won't see its advantages just from reading tutorials and
other people's code.

> :) Does this work?

Does.