POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: clipka
Date: 21 Jul 2009 15:25:00
Message: <web.4a6613d3ac52dfd4537313280@news.povray.org>
"David H. Burns" <dhb### [at] cherokeetelnet> wrote:
> Someone told me that the next version of Pov-Ray would be OOP. Horrors!

Definitely not: The next version to come - POV-Ray 3.7 - will feature just the
same SDL as 3.6, except where functionality has changed and require adaptation
of the SDL.

Replacing the SDL has been discussed for POV-Ray 4 though, including the idea to
provide much better support for OO programming. But that's still some time to
go, and to my knowledge no concrete decisions have been made yet.

(BTW, shame on you - this topic's off topic here... :P)