POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : compile error: 'CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID' was not declared in this scope : Re: compile error: 'CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID' was not declared in thisscope Server Time
6 May 2024 13:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compile error: 'CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID' was not declared in thisscope
From: clipka
Date: 16 Jul 2009 16:10:01
Message: <web.4a5f884435d6a577579432980@news.povray.org>
marabou <not### [at] availableyet> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:11:54 +0200 Le_Forgeron wrote:

> >> Sounds like a reasonable option :P (SCNR)
> >>
> >> I'd say it depends on how complicated it would be to fix. At any rate,
> >> it's worth entering into the bugtracker as a compatibility issue. As
> >> you seem to be into details to some degree, would you mind...? kthxbye
> >> ;)
> >>

> > Entry add in bugtracker, as per request.
>
> I thank you for it ;)

Looks like Le_Forgeron not only entered the issue, but already did a thorough
analysis; I can only agree with all his conclusions: It should be a matter of
../configure identifying that CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID isn't available, and in
that case not setting HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME, but HAVE_GETRUSAGE instead; as the
code seems to be well prepared for dealing with clock_gettime() being
unavailable, issues worse than possibly misleading statistics are not to be
expected.

So no need to loathe freebsd for this :)