POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? : Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color?
From: caduser
Date: 11 Jul 2009 20:35:00
Message: <web.4a592f0bbddeda84dbd439ba0@news.povray.org>
> Chris B wrote:

> I think he did not want to have colors change except pure Black/White.
>
> However, if the above syntax allows you to configure the output then
> it would seem you can insert arbitrary code into the SDL, e.g.,
>
> <%MATERIAL
>    texture {
>      pigment {
>        #local RED   = <%R%>;
>        #local GREEN = <%G%>;
>        #local BLUE  = <%B%>;
>        #if (RED = 0 & GREEN = 0 & BLUE  = 0)
>          #local RED   = 0.1;
>          #local GREEN = 0.1;
>          #local BLUE  = 0.1;
>        #end
>        #if (RED = 1 & GREEN = 1 & BLUE  = 1)
>          #local RED   = 0.9;
>          #local GREEN = 0.9;
>          #local BLUE  = 0.9;
>        #end
>       color rgbt <RED, GREEN, BLUE, <%A%>>
> Chris B wrote:
> >
> > "caduser" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> >> It seems if there is a way it would be the material file not the inc
> >> file right?
> >> When I tried my colleagues approach:
> >>
> >> <%MATERIAL
> >> texture {
> >>    pigment
> >>      {
> >>          color rgbt <<%R%> * 0.8 + 0.2,<%G%> * 0.8 + 0.2,<%B%> * 0.8 +
> >> 0.2,<%A%>>
> >>
> >>      }
> >> It did work for Black but shifts every color if there was a way at
> >> this point to
> >> just push one color value.
> >> I also need to look more at the reflectivity discussed early see if I
> >> can make
> >> Black reflect enough to not be pure black in the render.
> >>

> > So did you try the other suggestions for your 'material' file (min, max
> > or clip)?
> > They would seem to be able to do exactly what you're asking for.
>
> I think he did not want to have colors change except pure Black/White.
>
> However, if the above syntax allows you to configure the output then
> it would seem you can insert arbitrary code into the SDL, e.g.,
>
> <%MATERIAL
>    texture {
>      pigment {
>        #local RED   = <%R%>;
>        #local GREEN = <%G%>;
>        #local BLUE  = <%B%>;
>        #if (RED = 0 & GREEN = 0 & BLUE  = 0)
>          #local RED   = 0.1;
>          #local GREEN = 0.1;
>          #local BLUE  = 0.1;
>        #end
>        #if (RED = 1 & GREEN = 1 & BLUE  = 1)
>          #local RED   = 0.9;
>          #local GREEN = 0.9;
>          #local BLUE  = 0.9;
>        #end
>       color rgbt <RED, GREEN, BLUE, <%A%>>

Thanks Chris I will try both the Min Max and this latest suggestion, the min max
still has an effect on all the mid colors but if I understand this one it seems
it may work. I will try it this week and see what I get.

>You can use a single-line sed call (in unix like operating systems
>or wtih Cygwin in windows) to edit as many files you like in one go.
>
>E.g. like this:
>
>   sed -i 's/rgbt <0.,0.,0.,0.>/Gray20/' *.pov

As for multiple replaces that is nt a problem I have plenty of script or even
neat utilities like PSPad that can handle that but I don't want to produce them
all as it prevents me using teh program own batch render mechanism.