POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rgb color looks dark : Re: rgb color looks dark Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:31:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb color looks dark
From: clipka
Date: 11 Jul 2009 13:25:00
Message: <web.4a58ca74fb16eafe555c1690@news.povray.org>
"mysdn" <kam### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> pigment {color rgbf <146,218,164>/255} finish{phong 1 ambient 0.8}}
>
> this works, I hope this is the correct way to do rgb colors in pov, thank you.

It's a bit... uncommon; but depending on what you want to do, it may indeed give
you what you want.

Typically, you'll use a much different finish, such as:

    finish { diffuse 0.7 specular 0.5 ambient 0.1 }

or something like that; in case of radiosity scenes, you'll virtually always use
ambient 0.

Note that you can define a default finish in your scene, using:

    default {
       finish { diffuse 0.7 specular 0.2 ambient 0.0 }
    }

(for instance) at scene level, before defining your objects.