POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rgb color looks dark : Re: rgb color looks dark Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb color looks dark
From: clipka
Date: 11 Jul 2009 13:15:00
Message: <web.4a58c86cfb16eafe555c1690@news.povray.org>
"mysdn" <kam### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> it just doesn't render the rgb color as it should. As I said I had it working
> last week, So I know Povray can render rgb just as they look in ms paint color
> picker.

I wouldn't bank on that. Maybe you changed the gamma handling in your scene, by
using assumed_gamma or changing Display_Gamma or the like?

Your code to set the object's color looks perfect, except for possible Gamma
issues, and - like someone already pointed out - maybe issues with the
(default) finish or lighting.

> Why is it so hard to simply assign objects rgb colors in povray, thanks
> a million?

Because simply assigning colors to an object is not a typical use-case in
POV-Ray these days; typically, you'll also want to set other material
properties such as specularity or the like.