POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? : Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color?
From: caduser
Date: 11 Jul 2009 09:05:01
Message: <web.4a588d74bddeda84dbd439ba0@news.povray.org>

> Just out of curiosity: Does this mean your CAD program comes
> with a POV-Ray export option built in?
Yes that is right it is one of our image output options.

> As Chris has said, textually processing the generated sdl script
> with an editor macro (or perl script or similar) is probably your
> best option.

So far I have been using a replace all batch but this was to test samples. The
program has 2 options one to output full size renders for use in print and
second to generate preview icons for browsing inside the application, this runs
it's own internal batch of generating a temp POV then rendering and can be run
on thousands of objects. If I have to edit them all I have to use the render
single image so I can uncheck start render and then keep all the POV files.

>Note that there is another way but it may be overkill:
> The sources to POV-Ray are available and you can compile your own
> binary. This, of course, could be patched to set a dark gray
> internally whenever it parses "color rgbt <0.,0.,0.,0.>".

hmm that might be interesting but how hard would that be?

It seems if there is a way it would be the material file not the inc file right?
When I tried my colleagues approach:

<%MATERIAL
texture {
    pigment
      {
          color rgbt <<%R%> * 0.8 + 0.2,<%G%> * 0.8 + 0.2,<%B%> * 0.8 +

      }
It did work for Black but shifts every color if there was a way at this point to
just push one color value.
I also need to look more at the reflectivity discussed early see if I can make
Black reflect enough to not be pure black in the render.