POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? : Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color?
From: caduser
Date: 11 Jul 2009 00:50:03
Message: <web.4a5818d6bddeda84dbd439ba0@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> If the rgbt<0,0,0,0> is generated by the external application, can you
> set it's palete? If you can, set "black" as something like
> rgb<0.1,0.1,0.1> or rgbt<0.1,0.1,0.1,0>
> By the same way, you could redefine "white" as rgb<0.9,0.9,0.9> or
> rgbt<0.9,0.9,0.9,0>
>

> Alain

The colors are already chosen in the models, without editing each and every
model (which are all checked in and protected) this cannot be done. POV is just
one of many outputs but one that is best for photorendering, the rest are for 3D
use.

As for the color shift I really don't want to shift anything but the absolute
back and absolute white. The material file from what I understand call several
include files but I don't think the colors is really used (not until I manually
declared the gray20 that was me tinkering)

<%SCENE
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "skies.inc"

The rest builds a sphere and Pseudo HDRI lighting texture to set the render
environment. I had been curious if I could leave the RGBT value alone but have
a macro or something that would pick up that value and force it to another
color. I tried upping lights and reflectivity (playing with values I am more
familiar with 3D studio and typically never use POV) they never really got
anything desirable for the black objects (had some success with other dark
components. Also I work with print and these would be used in print and as a
rule one never wants total black 255, 255, 255 you want to pull back just like
total white (total white means no ink laid down)