POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Jul 2009 07:55:01
Message: <web.4a572bb6697b63d15fd99d9e0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> >> Yes. (It's news to me that they can legally do this...)
> >
> >     Both Pepsi and Coca Cola do this in the US. They offer a nice rate
> > if the business signs an exclusive contract. It really, really sucks.
>
> They offer a nice rate if the business signs an exclusive contract? Or
> they won't sell to the business at all if they don't sign an exclusive
> contract?

Coca-Cola Enterprises ATM. If a customer wants a Coca-Cola cooler (fridge) for
Coca-Cola products then they get it free of charge. If they want it for other
products they get charged a rental fee. If they want a vendor (can/bottle
dispensing machine), either it belongs to CCE and it is stocked by CCE then the
customer gets a percentage of the profit or they can rent it from CCE and stock
it themselves. The fountains (those terrible machines that you see in pubs and
MacDoughnuts etc.) are owned by CCE and rented to the customers, they buy the
syrup themselves.

Stephen