POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rebel without a cause : Re: Rebel without a cause Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:33:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rebel without a cause
From: Sven Geier
Date: 8 Jul 2009 14:40:00
Message: <web.4a54e77ce3c53435b4449250@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> At work, things become more interesting. Quite a number of people
> actually paid no notice at all, as theorised. It's a bizare kind of
> feeling walking around looking like an escaped hobo and finding that
> NOBODY EVEN CARES. I guess that's just how insignificant I am. ;-)

Well - if they know you and they know you do good work -- why would they care
one way or the other what you're wearing? I will admit that my *expectations*
of someone's performance *might* be colorable by their choice of attire; but
once I know what to expect from someone -- why would I pay any further
attention to their outfits?

> Damnit, I need a girlfriend! :-(

That's usually a good way to distract someone from social experiments at the
workplace, yes... ;-)