POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available : Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available Server Time
16 May 2024 23:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available
From: JeffBTX
Date: 8 Jul 2009 08:25:00
Message: <web.4a548fd13e2c1745bbaa2810@news.povray.org>
> Folks,
>
> I've generated a v3.62 RC1 POVWIN and new installer. I'd appreciate it if
> some of you could test it as the installer in particular is a re-write.
>
>   http://www.povray.org/temp/POVWin-v3.62-RC1.msi
>
> Note: on Vista systems, the files will be installed by default to your
> local profile. On XP and earlier, the default remains Program Files.
>
> -- Chris

Okay... SINCERELY SORRY about the "static" that I posted over the past couple of
hours... it was due to a knee-jerk reaction to differences between 3.6.1 and
3.6.2 installations under Vista.

I have re-installed into the *default* directory as suggested by the installer
(C:\Users ... AppData ... Roaming ... Confusing_Vista_Path_Stuff ... etcetera).

Everything is working fine. I can live with those critical files being in
D:\Documents. If this is the way that 3.7 is going to work (thanks to Microsoft
& Vista) thats OK I will get used to it (you have to remember that I am a
semi-senile old fart that built his first computer in 1978, and still sort of
misses DOS... actually I HAVE a legacy DOS 6.22 machine in the corner, that I
power up from time to time...).

One issue left; Documentation for 3.6.2 appears to need updating.

Antialias_Clipped is not covered in the documentation (revision.txt says that
the documentation WAS changed, but searching the CHM file I cannot find +ac,
+AC, or Antialias_Clipped). Would appreciate an explanation, I can't even guess
what "CLIPPING" is in relation to antialiasing...

Things like...
"Change 4428 on 2007/04/25 by calimet@lavender"
"photons change 3379"
(is this an "under the hood fix", or has photons changed to an extent that there
is something that users need to know?)

.... and possibly other things.