POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available : Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available Server Time
17 May 2024 02:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available
From: JeffBTX
Date: 8 Jul 2009 07:35:00
Message: <web.4a5483fd3e2c1745bbaa2810@news.povray.org>
"JeffBTX" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> ALSO....
>
> I just rendered one scene from Advanced to get started... Sounds are apparantly
> NOT working. I just rendered "biscuit.pov" from \advanced, no sound when done.
> I double checked Render -> Sound settings.

Nevermind...

I figured out how to get 3.6.2 re-pointed to the proper place to play the
sounds.

Problem was:
The 3.6.2 installer, by default, sets some paths to users ... AppData ...
roaming ... (etcetera); and I installed to C:\POV-Ray (forced during the
install), but the installer does not take that into account. Fixed within
POV-Ray by invoking the Render menu -> Sounds -> and re-pointing to the actual
WAV locations in C:\POV-Ray.

Also... fixed the Help File problem by copying the C:\POV-Ray\help directory
(and contents) into Users\(ID)\AppData\Roaming\POV-Ray\v3.6\

Its looking like I should have just installed to the default directory that the
3.6.2 installer wanted to install to in the first place? Is that right? And to
avoid the Vista versus INI Files in Program Files problem, the installer places
INIs and INCLUDES (etc) into \Documents?

I am just going to uninstall / reinstall I think.