POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Executing POV from Visual Basic : Re: Executing POV from Visual Basic Server Time
3 May 2024 00:54:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Executing POV from Visual Basic
From: Orionis
Date: 6 Jul 2009 05:30:00
Message: <web.4a51c3d9e18746bd5430b1600@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> other than maybe writing a VBA wrapper to do the above

Thanks sirs for your replies.
Surely a wrapper would be potentially useful; unfortunately it is out of my
capabilities.

I really love POV, it produces wonderfull thing, but it is too complicated for
me.
I only need, and use it, to do very simple scenes, possibly using 1% of its
functionalities.

At the moment I (partially) solved my problem with a 'stupid' and really ugly
solution: from VB I create a new world; POV (manually started) loads and
renders this world; VB waits and looks for the new bitmapped file to be
produced and when the 'modified date' is changed loads then image into a
picturebox.

This waiting for new briliant ideas to come :-)

Ciao