POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SimCity 4 : Re: SimCity 4 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SimCity 4
From: Reactor
Date: 3 Jul 2009 19:35:00
Message: <web.4a4e95562b72fd13c0ba268c0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>   Even though I'm still not very excited about this type of game, it's
> just somehow addictive.

THEY'VE GOT YOU!  Actually, I used to play Sim City a long time ago, I think it
was Sim City 2000.  Even though I strongly prefer the FPS genre, I liked it for
the same reasons.  Eventually I got tired of it, since it provided very little
variation - you were managing they same things over and over (I'm sure Cim City
4 has a lot more detail).

It did, however, make me want to see a military strategy game that took the
action of Command and Conquer and tempered it with the more realistic resource
management of Sim City.  I also liked the idea of the player's role being more
of a commander than some sort of God (I'm referring to the fact that the
citizens in Sim City do more or less as they please, as opposed to the control
over every individual unit you have in Command and Conquer).

-Reactor