POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : rendering problems eagle 3d and pov ray : Re: rendering problems eagle 3d and pov ray Server Time
13 May 2024 21:11:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering problems eagle 3d and pov ray
From: SIRS Tech
Date: 2 Jul 2009 19:15:01
Message: <web.4a4d3ebb4868867f614c3f500@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > #local txt = text{handelgo_font ,value,40,0 scale<diam/3,diam/3,diam/3>
> > translate<-diam/1.5,diam,-20>}
> >
> > "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include\cap.inc" line
> > 30: Parse Error: Expected
> > 'ttf', undeclared identifier 'handelgo_font' found instead
> >
> > I so hate this error lol. What should it read?
> >

> A reminder:
>
> You should take the habit of ALWAYS starting all your user defined
> variables by an UPPERCASE letter.
>

> Alain

yeah I forgot to rewrite it and save, I've been using the uppercase when I
rewrite things. I've just got 2 problems, lack of understanding of the language
and poor trouble shooting the language to fix errors. like for example the
newest error,

object{ intersection{ object{txt} object{cap} } translate <0,0,-0.05>
pigment{tcolour} }

"C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include\cap.inc" line
34: Parse Error: Expected 'object', undeclared identifier 'txt' found instead

I would assume the txt is supposed to be the name of an object, similar to the
object{cap}, since it seems to be asking for an object, rather then text.
Chances are I'm way off though.

On another note, where did all you wonderful and helpful people learn this
stuff?