POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : rendering problems eagle 3d and pov ray : Re: rendering problems eagle 3d and pov ray Server Time
14 May 2024 05:37:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering problems eagle 3d and pov ray
From: clipka
Date: 1 Jul 2009 15:15:00
Message: <web.4a4bb4ad4868867f5def94260@news.povray.org>
"SIRS Tech" <Gre### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I got eagle 5.6. I'm using the 3d script, 3d41 wich came with it...when opened
> in wordpad it says for use with 4.1 and later...unless there is a new script.
> In wich case where can I get it and whats the name?

Obviously, as there is currently no POV-Ray 4.* yet, that must refer to the
version of EAGLE supported, not of POV-Ray.

It would seem to me that work on Eagle 3D has not made much progress recently.

> I got it to render, yay! Thanks for the help, but here is another question, why
> is there some items missing? Like there is 2 resistors and a diode a capactior
> and the lm555 timer, yet the led and the battery along with some other stuff is
> not there.

Parts not defined in the Eagled 3D library, I'd guess.

After all, the EAGLE library only specifies the 2D layout of parts (if at all;
in worst case all you get is solder pads), so to render them in 3D, the actual
shape must be defined elsewhere in a library of sorts.

Time to learn some "jibberish" :P