POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurface rendering of volume data : Re: isosurface rendering of volume data Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface rendering of volume data
From: sanjay
Date: 30 Jun 2009 10:20:01
Message: <web.4a4a1eabfbeb1364b8711ff20@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > I have a stack of binary images i.e each image is a 2D array and all such images
> > combined to give a 3D array.
> > I had previously used MATLAB's isosurface,isocaps and patch functions to
> > get the visualisation of the volume data, but its too slow.
> > Is there a way by which I can import such a 3D volume data from matlab to POV
> > ray and then extract the isosurfaces from that data and render it ?
> >

> Convert those image into the TGA format and use a tga to 3df combiner to
> combine them in a single 3FD file.
>
> That file can then be used to generate an isosurface or as a density
> pattern for a media.
>
> Alain

I combined all my tga images into a .df3 file format
then i m doing this

#declare DENSFUNC=function
{
    pattern
    {
        density_file df3 "imoil.df3"
        interpolate 3
    }
}
isosurface {function { .2 - DENSFUNC(x,y,z) } }

but just a blank screen is rendered.
is my coding incorrect or do I need to alter the cam/light/threshold values ?