POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP MJ : Re: RIP MJ Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP MJ
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Jun 2009 20:30:01
Message: <web.4a46b966a714cf81acb4120a0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Anyway, RIP, Michael.  "Billie Jean", "Beat it", "Don't Stop 'til You
> > Get Enough" and "Smooth Criminal" will never leave my "stereo"... :)
>
>   He was indeed a really talented singer (and dancer!)

very friggin' much!  I don't usually "watch" music, but in his case, much of the
kick comes from his electrifying performance.

>   I find it sad that some people dislike his music primarily because they
> dislike him as a person.

All genius are disturbed individuals.  Wagner, Beethoven... I know how to enjoy
the work separate from the author.

>   MJ was also a sad victim of people's twisted notion of inverted burden
> of proof in child molestation charge cases: The accused is assumed to be
> guilty until proven innocent.

well, in his case I do believe he was indeed a child molester... as well as was
molested when a child.

It doesn't change the fact that his performances and some of his hits were
completely top-notch and a hallmark of the 80s.  A great artist, a petty human.