POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media usage : Re: Media usage Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media usage
From: Micheus
Date: 27 Jun 2009 01:55:00
Message: <web.4a45b2be438fc1f75f7f8dc0@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> global_settings {assumed_gamma 0.7}
> Note that reducing the assumed gamma value increases the brightness of your
> scene.
I know about this but it will influence all the scene.

> Alternatively you can oversaturate the color of individual components.
That's the point.

I have tested yours tips (and warning too) and now I understood better how to
work with colors attribute to improve some object's details. Now I got better
result with my lava light.

Really I had supposed that the individual RGB color always be 1 (and values
greater than 1 truncated).

Thanks Chris.