POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think this qualifies : I think this qualifies Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  I think this qualifies
From: Chambers
Date: 26 Jun 2009 00:40:01
Message: <web.4a4450c49b5438a3eea59080@news.povray.org>
Someone (Darren, I think?) asked how to make games benefit from multiple cores.

Here's one way: fluid simulations!

"Along with mentioning a strange rash, a sure way to kill a conversation is to
bring up the topic of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)" :)

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4022/sponsored_feature_multithreaded_.php

NB: I haven't read the full article, so I can't say how in-depth they get.  The
article is also sponsored by Intel, so they may throw some biased opinions in
there.  I don't know.