POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Povray 3.7 - duty cycle : not working or obsolete? : Povray 3.7 - duty cycle : not working or obsolete? Server Time
22 May 2024 22:52:39 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3.7 - duty cycle : not working or obsolete?
From: Rocco
Date: 23 Jun 2009 13:15:00
Message: <web.4a410cbccb89257b9ff3d51b0@news.povray.org>
First, hi to all the Povray community and team. And thanks for this great
software I use for many years. This is the first time I post something here. I
decided to look at Povray3.7, even if it is in beta, the new feature of
Subsurface Scattering is attracting! There was a function in Povray 3.6 I use
everytime is duty cycle. Time is not important, and I prefer to have some CPU
time for me and my other applications instead of 100% rendering. In Povray 3.7
this function seems to be not working. Is this a feature you'll drop in the
next version? Or it is disabled for the beta?

The other things are working normally for me, except some scenes with photon
mapping, I found that caustics seems to be brighter in 3.6.

Now, when I need some CPU time, I pause the render.