POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : an extraordinary rotation question : Re: an extraordinary rotation question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: an extraordinary rotation question
From: mysdn
Date: 23 Jun 2009 11:55:01
Message: <web.4a40f8fccfb6d60e4e47a1b0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all comments again, everything said will be taken into consideration,
I don't know when I will have my aha moment, specially on the subject of
rotations, because that subject pushes my limits.
In the zip file I attached you'll find a complete kitchen ready to render in
povray. Then you'll see exactly what I'm trying to do and what would be the
best way to go about it. This sample kitchen was produced by a C# app that
writes SDL files for POV.
As you can see in the sample kitchen I already have a working algorithm in my C#
app for producing solid, working .pov files.

The first reason I came to this forum was to ask about rotations, now it's more
like, am I doing all this the best possible way? In a design not all objects
are cabinets, it may be sinks, lamps, couches these are mesh objects though.
But now we talk about cabinets.

I produce all my cabinets from box_geom which is 100x100x100 in xyz size
representing 100 cm, cause then I divide it by 0.01, so that I can multiply it
by eg. 60 representing 60 cm, this for example can be a cabinets width or
whatever, in short this way of dimensioning lets me work in mm.

Any comments on how to approach producing this kitchen from SDLs, possibly you
would suggest a Union for each cabinet?

http://www.optimadekor.com/yesdownload/my_kitchen.zip

PS: in the zip the jpeg "2D design" tells the same story in 2D.