POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : an extraordinary rotation question : Re: an extraordinary rotation question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: an extraordinary rotation question
From: mysdn
Date: 23 Jun 2009 05:25:00
Message: <web.4a409e00cfb6d60e4e47a1b0@news.povray.org>
Tim,
on second thought, I don't think I can use
// cabinet
#declare CABINET = union {
   // case
   object{
      box_ //
because as I said each cabinet may have different characteristics, even no
characteristics such as no door, no handle, then our "declare CABINET" would be
useless, cause it defines a solid , fixed model. We need an adjustable model
definition, with following specifications adjusted diffrently for each cabinet.

location
scale
case texture
door texture
handle texture
door model
handle model

all these may be diffrent for each cabinet, I think we should construct a
separate Union for each cabinet, What do you think? My previous post questions
still valid. Thank you.