POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : an extraordinary rotation question : Re: an extraordinary rotation question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: an extraordinary rotation question
From: mysdn
Date: 23 Jun 2009 04:45:00
Message: <web.4a409418cfb6d60e4e47a1b0@news.povray.org>
Tim,
I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your input. Latest example was
brilliant it gave me some ideas on how to proceed, but some issues still
remain.
You must be an angel for having the patience to bear with me. This thread will
be a godsend for those who will follow this trail.

1- // the angled cabinet
object {
   CABINET
   translate <0,0,60> // place front-left-bottom corner on origin
1- Why do we translate to <0,0,60>, what if I want to rotate around right front
corner then what would this value be ? I think this point needs elaboration.
Did you multiply <-0.5,-0.5,0>*<x,x,x>?

2- Declaring a Cabinet Union, then just copying and placing them on the scene is
brilliant. That's the route I want to go for each similar object. But each
cabinet may have different texture, handle, door model applied to it.
So in
// the left cabinet
object {
   CABINET
   translate <0,0,0>
   rotate <0,0,0>
   translate <0,10,0> // raise bottom of cabinet to kick height
}
How should I proceed to reflect these different characteristics in the object?

I have a feeling these won't be my last questions.