POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media usage : Re: Media usage Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media usage
From: clipka
Date: 22 Jun 2009 22:45:00
Message: <web.4a40411a438fc1f8a8745f10@news.povray.org>
"Micheus" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> If I remove "texture_list" and insert "pigment" into mesh definition I get an
> error message (Texture index out of range)

which is only natural because "face_indices" contains not only vertex indices,
but also texture indices (i.e. indices into the texture_list)

> or if a try change "wm_default"
> texture definition to use the pigment, like this:
> #declare wm_default = texture{
>   pigment {rgbt 1 } hollow
> }
> I get an other error message (No matching } in 'texture' hollow found instead).

Which is only natural, too, because "hollow" is an object statement, not part of
the pigment. As it is already in the object definition further below in your
code, the following wm_default should do:

  #declare wm_default = texture{
    pigment {rgbt 1 }
    finish { ambient 0 diffuse 0 specular 0 }
  }

> So I think that is not possible use media with objects exported by Wings3D.

Don't worry: It is.