POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid drivers : Re: Stupid drivers Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid drivers
From: Chambers
Date: 22 Jun 2009 22:15:01
Message: <web.4a4039c7335f2f1b3eea59080@news.povray.org>
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:40:51 -0400, Chambers wrote:
>
> > In all honesty, it hurt, but I'm glad that nothing worse happened.
>
> Same here.  Drivers on the roads act stupidly a lot - it sounds like
> you're a sensible rider, too.  There are lots of cyclists here in Salt
> Lake City that seem to think they don't have to obey the rules of the
> road - I've seen them blow stop signs/lights, ride on the wrong side of
> the road (or the sidewalks, which is against the law here I understand).

In all honesty, I know that I do a lot of stupid things when walking or riding.
Even so, I try not to do them in a stupid way.  For instance, I often jaywalk
instead of heading for the nearest crosswalk... but I'm always careful about
checking for traffic before I do so.  Things like that.

With all that, however, I think that since people in cars are capable of causing
so much more damage, then it's up to drivers to take extra caution.  Traffic in
my direction had a green light, and her car was stopped... so naturally, I
assumed it would be safe to cross in front of her.  Boy, was I wrong.

> ISTR there was a recent story in the local paper
> about someone on a bike who ran into a *parked* car and the owner of the
> car was found to be at fault, even though the car was properly parked.

Now THAT is crazy.

....Chambers