POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : an extraordinary rotation question : Re: an extraordinary rotation question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: an extraordinary rotation question
From: mysdn
Date: 20 Jun 2009 05:40:01
Message: <web.4a3cacadcfb6d608813d5ca0@news.povray.org>
<The key to remember, ALL rotations and scalings
<are done with respect to the coordinate axes.

I believe this is the point I'm missing in comprehending pov rotations.
coordinate axes ? To rotate something why should I care about its coordinates.
Shouldn't povray automatically take into account THE coordinates?

Plus first scaling then rotating has direct implications on the new location, as
opposed to only rotating, w/o scaling.