POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : an extraordinary rotation question : Re: an extraordinary rotation question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: an extraordinary rotation question
From: mysdn
Date: 20 Jun 2009 05:30:01
Message: <web.4a3cab55cfb6d608813d5ca0@news.povray.org>
Tim, you astounded me by your beautifully detailed answer to my matrix question.
Thanks a million, I think I need a while to let it all sink in.

Larry, thanks for your explanation too, it's as if you read my mind by offering
the sample you did. Cause I was going to ask almost the exact same question
here. Suppose you have 3 kitchen cabinets placed side by side then you rotate
the one in the middle 45 degrees and it loses position again. It should rotate
in place but it ends up some off place, not as off as the wall sample I
offered, but a little off. I guess this is because of the wall's and cabinet's
widths are different.

In the wall sample, we rotated by picking a corner as base rotation point. HOW
would we rotate the cabinet in place? I do this in my app for a year now and it
always moves off a little, this in a commercial application looks very
unprofessional. I would like both Larry's and Tim's input, if possible, because
2 explanations explain more than one.

PS: I am 44 Turkish, married, no kids. my email is jestagu a t y a h o o
if you send me a note I would like to make friends with both of you people. If
you visit izmir-turkey I'd love to show you around, well maybe you heard of
turkish hospitality, I have some of that too.