POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : an extraordinary rotation question : Re: an extraordinary rotation question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: an extraordinary rotation question
From: mysdn
Date: 19 Jun 2009 17:35:01
Message: <web.4a3c0304cfb6d608813d5ca0@news.povray.org>
Thanks clipka and Chris B,

Chris, thanks for the explanations but transform.inc fails (yellow line) at the
second line of the macro   Axis_Rotate_Trans(Axis, Angle).

I can place objects precisely positioned when they are at 0-360, 90, 180, 270
degrees rotated by taking into account their width or height. If rotation is
0-360 or 180 I calculate width into positioning math. If rotation is 90 or 270
degrees I calculate height (or depth, speaking 2D) into positioning. And
everything is fine at those mentioned degrees of rotation. Trouble begins with
rotation values other than these.   Do I need trigonometry to calculate rotated
objects position, for example move it some points to the right or left for each
degree of object's rotation. Simply put the regular advice translate -<....>
then rotate y*45 then translate to final position doesnot work in this case. If
I knew why it didn't work maybe problem would be solved.
I bet there is a ready solution for this, Chris came close to putting his finger
on it.

I appreciate anyone's contribution, I'm reaaaaly stuck, maybe desperate. Thanks.

PS: povray version 3.6.1c