POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sequence of images but not animation : Re: Sequence of images but not animation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sequence of images but not animation
From: clipka
Date: 18 Jun 2009 14:15:01
Message: <web.4a3a8351989c16d853f3f7840@news.povray.org>
"Daniel" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Now I have a huge series of meshes numbered as follows:
>
> mesh00000.inc
> mesh00001.inc
> mesh00002.inc
>
> etc, all the way to about 800 or something.
>
> How can I get a single povray file to render all images, changing the value of
> the include file only for each seporate image?

If you do use POV-Ray's animation rendering mechanisms, you can include the
fitting mesh as follows:

  #local MyFrameNumberStr = substr(str(100000+frame_number,0,0),2,5);
  #local MyMeshInc = concat("mesh", MyFrameNumberStr, ".inc");
  #include MyMeshInc

Voila. The somewhat complex definition of MyFrameNumberStr serves to enforce
leading zeros.

> serperate files. Oh, and the files should be saved as bmp format, same as the
> input mesh. So mesh00000.bmp etc...

Specify the output file name as "mesh.bmp"; pretend that your frame number
ranges from 0 to 99999 (again to get those leading zeros) and just render the
subset you actually need.

The only thing is that they must all have the same resolution.