POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Should POV-Ray go green? : Re: Should POV-Ray go green? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should POV-Ray go green?
From: clipka
Date: 18 Jun 2009 07:35:00
Message: <web.4a3a25ad647a8f18e01952250@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> "joost_1972" <joo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > Bad. I really prefer the printouts, but you could think of dividing the
> document
> > up into smaller chunks to discourage people from printing the whole
> document
> > when they will only be using part of it (go greenish..)
>
> Good idea  that's worth looking into .... Thanks

Please don't.

For software that comes with a GUI (like POV-Ray for Windows), my preferred
choice of information source is - usually - the online help (if only because I
always know exactly where to find it).

For software that does *not* have a GUI (like POV-Ray for Unix), my preferred
choice of information source is one single PDF file. (As for collections of
HTML files, they're an inferior substitute: Aside from them typically being
ugly, you can't full-text-search them that easily. And please don't suggest man
pages - I'm just *using* Linux, I'm not *living* it :P)

No need to print it out that PDF. Just having it sit there, ready to be fired up
(on my secondary display), is enough. No need killing trees for me - but yes,
please do a PDF. A single one.

With a proper TOC, please.