POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A problem regarding the size of the rentered image : A problem regarding the size of the rentered image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  A problem regarding the size of the rentered image
From: trexgr
Date: 17 Jun 2009 19:45:00
Message: <web.4a397e95c07ea764a3551df40@news.povray.org>
Hello all.

I am completely new to rentering with pov-ray, and I have a question that is
bugging me for a while today. After creating an image in VMD, I used the
pov-ray rentering option, produced a .pov file, then used the pov-ray program
in Windows, and produced a nice BMP file. I cannot, however have access to the
size of the output file, and the resolution, i.e how many pixels per inch (DPI,
or PPI) my output picture should be. I tried to check the Help, and I can change
the width and the height of the image, in pixels (the program calls THIS as
resolution, the output of 1024x780 pixels for example).

This however is only a part of the solution. How can I have absolute control of
the size of the image (its a simple 2D image by the way, no animation) and its
resolution ? For example, how can I specify that the output picture should be
EXACTLY 5.43 inch x 3.24 inch, with 300 DPI resolution? Also, where and how do
I change the output type, and instead of BMP get either TGA or TIFF ?

Thanks in advance
t.