POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does final_frame work as advertized? : Re: Does final_frame work as advertized? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does final_frame work as advertized?
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 17 Jun 2009 17:00:00
Message: <web.4a3958e1b6b953e6ccc08f5a0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> The documentation reads:
>
>    final_frame
>    This identifier reads the value set through the INI file
>    option Final_Frame=n or the command-line switch +KFFn.
>
> However, when I access the final_frame variable, it seems to return the subset
> end frame value (+EF), not the final frame value.  I would like my frames to
> render consistently, regardless of whether I'm doing the full run or just a
> subset.
>
> I'm using version 3.6.1 on Windows XP.

This was addressed in
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.49d400119a8d90cf34d207310%40news.povray.org%3E/

you need to set +SF and +EF to render subset animations and leave +KFI as the
very first frame (Zero) and +KFF as the total number of frames

+SF and +EF are floating-point numbers specifying a percentage range.

ADB