POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : The Rules : Re: The Rules Server Time
26 Jun 2024 00:04:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Rules
From: Hildur K
Date: 15 Jun 2009 13:20:00
Message: <web.4a3681ed2f2043cd421830f90@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gil### [at] agroparistechfr> wrote:

> Some years ago I ran correlation statistics on IRTC votes, and the 3 notes
> were extremely correlated. Basically it all comes down to a single "wow or
> not" rating. There were outliers (the occasional
> bad-concept-but-good-execution-image and the other way round) but they are
> just that, outliers, and they didn't affect the output of the competition.
> Having several scores is more intellectually satisfying than really
> significant and useful.

I somehow suspected this to be the case, simply judging from my own voting
behavior... guilty :-/

Still I find having the three categories helpful in two ways.

They help you to be more clear and disciplined about the
why-do-I-like/dislike-this when you are voting. And then there are those
"outliers", they deserve their fair score.

Also, for those who want to learn from the competition, the score gives them a

liked your image, but hated your concept, or the other way around.

Hildur K.