POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : The Rules : Re: The Rules Server Time
20 Sep 2024 18:54:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Rules
From: Michael Hunter
Date: 13 Jun 2009 23:55:01
Message: <web.4a3473e12f2043cdd7fbc1230@news.povray.org>
> "Quality of documentation" -- absolutely not.  How well or badly a
> person can express him/herself verbally has nothing to do with the
> quality of the image.
>
> I certainly also appreciate those that can and do document and explain
> their techniques, but that should be totally irrelevant to the scoring
> of the image.
>
>       -=- Larry -=-

sharing ideas. A place to learn from each other. The documentation is central

If you are in it just to win then, yeah why would you want to give away any of

about how it was made.

The question is what do you want to get out of the competition? Do you want to
learn how people do things? Then you need to give them some incentive. It takes
time to do this. If your not going to read it then why bother? We might as well
put the time into making the image instead.