POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censored Chuck Lorre Productions : Re: Censored Chuck Lorre Productions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censored Chuck Lorre Productions
From: alphaQuad
Date: 13 Jun 2009 01:20:08
Message: <web.4a3336157efa05ab9baa4a320@news.povray.org>
All of this is really a mute point. I am beginning to think everyone's mouse is
broken or everyone is allergic to clicking licks. What's important is the link,
visit and all would become clear.

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #155

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE FCC

Dear Commissars,

        Trying to determine vulgarity on a case-by-case basis is clearly
confusing everyone. In order to avoid any further misunderstanding, I would
like to propose the following:

USUALLY GOOD USUALLY BAD
The celebration of body holes that God makes The celebration of body holes that
man makes
The consensual kissing and fondling of the body The non-consensual shooting,
stabbing, and exploding of the body
Seeing any part of the body Seeing any part of the body being shot, stabbed,
burnt, blown up or otherwise violated
Words meant to provoke thought, emotion and laughter Words meant to provoke
violence

Call me crazy, but isn't this a much saner approach to censoring what we see on
TV? I suppose you might quibble with it if you had an unconscious agenda to use
mass media to create a fear-based, blood-thirsty, war-happy culture that is
addicted to the adrenaline rush provided by graphic images of violence and
death while simultaneously imbedding everyone with feelings of shame and
self-loathing in order to foster obsessive-compulsive consumerism, not to
mention brisk drug and alcohol sales. But thankfully, that's not the case.