POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Real Americans V. The Plague : Re: Real Americans V. The Plague Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Americans V. The Plague
From: JeffBTX
Date: 11 Jun 2009 20:10:00
Message: <web.4a319c2afcfd56f39e7bfff70@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> (Dang! 4 replies to one post by the OP....)
>
> My post is mostly tongue in cheek.
>
> JeffBTX wrote:
> > Accuracy;
> > The full SUB-title was "How I learned to stop worrying and learned to love the
> > bomb.". The TITLE of the movie was "Doctor Strangelove". A fiction. An
> > entertainment. A parody, actually. I have it on DVD by the way, excellent
> > movie. To paraphrase a fiction (especially this type of fiction, in the context
> > that you used it) in an attempt to prove a point detracts from the validity of
> > your post. It looks foolish.
>
> It all depends on who you ask, of course.

This is really beyond debate. He almost quoted the flouride (oops I mean
fluoride - flouride is what they put in bread) talk word- for- word. Of course,
I see your point, I think... if I talk to a tinfoil-hat person long enough, he
or she would try to convince me that the government is REALLY run by the evil
corporate toothpaste-manufactoring corporations, and that storing socks in a
freezer is NOT foolish.

> > understand, but to force government officials to do their jobs. Do their jobs
> > efficiently, with competence, and with the welfare of the people and the
> > country a priority (rather than other agendas).
>
> Competency and efficiency in the government? Not a chance.

As you said, your post here is mostly tongue in cheek. In context, my post is
mostly pitchfork in cheek. That is, there is a CHANCE that if the military took
over Washington, and started repeatedly poking congressmen's rears with
pitchforks, then maybe the government would work with competency and
efficiency. Watching C-SPAN would also become more amusing.'

> > Logic;
> > Okay... it may very well be that some people sometime who have ingested
> > flouridated water at some point might have experienced some vague symptoms
> > similar to what you describe. I don't know. But how many MILLIONS (billions?)
> > of "flouridated people" have lived long, healthy lives without ill effect? Your
> > post is alarmist.
>
> Not only that, but those fluoridated people also have strong, healthy
> teeth.

I admit it. I am fluoridated. But I drink too much coffee. My teeth probably
don't LOOK that healthy, and they are probably anxiety ridden, depressive,
hyperactive, and insomnia ridden. Of course, I realize you are referring to the
fluorinated, NON-caffeinated people with their blazing teeth. Again, I apologize
for the spelling error - I meant to refer to the fluorine compound, NOT some
derivative of wheat.

> > If it worries you, water filtration systems are fairly cheap and convenient.
> > Those Brita Water Pitchers come to mind.
>
> They also make tap water much better tasting IMO, especially if you're
> in a region where the tap water is not very good. Better yet, reverse
> osmosis, but because it is so effective at removing all contaminants
> (even natural occurring minerals) from the water, watch out for water
> intoxication.
>
> --
> ~Mike

Lewis Black the comedian had something to say (I saw this on the Comedy
Channel). "Look for the water with bits of fat floating around in it. THATS the
TASTY water, right there!"