POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Povray3.7.0beta32 on Ubuntu9.04 compilation : Re: Povray3.7.0beta32 on Ubuntu9.04 compilation Server Time
5 Oct 2024 00:08:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray3.7.0beta32 on Ubuntu9.04 compilation
From: clipka
Date: 9 Jun 2009 07:25:00
Message: <web.4a2e45ef3ed789a288f59c6b0@news.povray.org>
"mMike" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> So, how does one compile povray 3.7.0beta32?

I guess that report will come in handy for quite a lot of people. Thanks a lot!

> The only problem is that beta32 version of povray has expired. That can be
> changed by peeking/poking the source, although license forbids that.

Not exactly. You're free to do so at your own risk, provided that you it for
your personal use only (i.e. don't make it available for download, nor install
it on a multi-user machine; but that goes for *any* "home-brewn" beta version
anyway, whether you made any changes to the source code or not).

Also note that there's an official mechanism for extending the POV-Ray Unix
betas, based on setting a certain environment variable which you'll then have
to update weekly. (Don't ask me about details, I'd have to look them up again
myself.)