POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : stack dump : Re: stack dump Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stack dump
From: twister
Date: 9 Jun 2009 05:50:00
Message: <web.4a2e3019af746ab3a2e8e7b70@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > In file included from ../libtiff/tiffio.h:34,
> >                  from ../libtiff/tiffiop.h:44,
> >                  from ../libtiff/tif_aux.c:32:
> > .../libtiff/tiffvers.h:2: error: stray '\' in program
>
>  Let's start trying to fix this one.  Please show the content of the
> tiffvers.h file, which should be created in ./libraries/tiff/libtiff/ when
> compiling libtiff (yes, _not_ while configuring; typically one of those nasty
> junks in this -now outdated- version of libtiff that made me go crazy).

I have already looked at this file. Here is the code of tiffvers.h:

#define TIFFLIB_VERSION_STR "LIBTIFF, Version 3.6.1
\nCopyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler\nCopyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics,
Inc."
/*
 * This define can be used in code that requires
 * compilation-related definitions specific to a
 * version or versions of the library.  Runtime
 * version checking should be done based on the
 * string returned by TIFFGetVersion.
 */
#define TIFFLIB_VERSION 20031226

But the problem was in libraries\tiff\libtiff\mkversion.c where the end of line
wasn't properly removed from 'version' variable. Now it compiles fine, but the
new povray.exe finishes work immediately after launching and no output image is
generated. When I use the old povray.exe file it renders but some scenes causes
stack dumps so it is the matter of new built povray.exe.
Is there a possibility to check what is wrong with it? Some debug mode?

twister