POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC to be revived : Re: IRTC to be revived Server Time
21 May 2024 10:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC to be revived
From: phresnel
Date: 8 Jun 2009 05:20:00
Message: <web.4a2cd763db92fe12d4df9a4b0@news.povray.org>
David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
> As you likely know, the IRTC (Internet Ray Tracing Competition) has been
> down for over a year now.  I've been in discussions with Chris Cason for
> a while now on how we can resurrect it and I'm happy to announce that
> we've come up with a proposal.

Hello all,

after that the new site is up for testing, I see that the last round, upon which
no more voting was possible because of the Big Hiatus, I don't find no longer
the images of that last round (except for when we use
http://ftp.irtc.org/index.html). I guess it's because that round was closed
before it really started.

Now, what I think would be great, is when that round would be revived so the
images and the posters can rest in peace.

If that's for some reason not applicable, it would at least be nice to include
that incomplete round in the regular "Past Rounds" schedule.

Sidenote: I was also a contributor in that last round
(http://ftp.irtc.org/stills/2006-12-31/view.html), and posted with an old and
now invalid email address (current address is phresnel\0gmail\1com, replace \0
with @, replace \1 with .). Actually it was my first participation ever, and
since then my soul is wandering in unrest).

Many greets and have a great day everybody

Sebastian Mach (http://phresnel.org , http://picogen.org)