POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Passion of the Christ : Re: Passion of the Christ Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passion of the Christ
From: alphaQuad
Date: 7 Jun 2009 20:30:01
Message: <web.4a2c5b12d4479e563559bb670@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:

> This is vastly ironic, coming from someone that, probably, like most,
> lump atheists into some homogeneous group that all agree with each other
> on "beliefs". Its also even more ironic in that you have

Hey Pat good to hear from you, focus now and try to keep up. You have assumed
way too much.

> a) Belief that the Bible actual describes something that happened.
> Evidence to support it - your belief that you experienced god. The
> evidence of any of it really happening though... Hmm..

Nothing of the sort I don't believe anything but what eyes and other senses tell
me, even being a made up story the lesson is clear, as I originally suggested.
Maybe read original post again.

> b) Belief that such belief makes you better.

Where did you get that? You automatically alienate us with unfounded words. Your
goal I suppose. Not better than, that would be a negative ego payoff. Not
special, that would ignorant.

> Ok.. then explain why it is
> that, other than a few exceptions, nearly all wars are religiously
> motivated, and some of the most vile evil people today "mask" themselves
> in your religion.

My religion? You seem lost. I have none. Wars are started by greed. There were
few wars before the drug war. God given plants are not vendor companies that
must be regulated for monopoly, yet Obama states as a puppet president the Feds
have the right to regulated them. He is of course confused with the need for
regulation of monopolies such as the FDA run drug companies, now a perfect
monopoly with real medicine from the earth out of the way.

> There isn't a lot of evidence than believing in god
> does anything more than provide justification for those that are "sure"
> they are good, to do the things they want, certain in their own minds
> that everything they do is also what god wants. Too bad no one else
> would agree with all their choices, when made based on that criteria.

Yes, justification for the idiot that knows nothing of their own religion.

> c) And this one is part and parcel of the denial of science in this
> country. The abject refusal, despite diseases like Alzheimer's, despite
> nearly half the population having to have glasses, despite people losing
> their hearing, despite the known effects of drugs on the mind, despite
> blindingly obvious cases of people seeing things, despite the known
> effects of fasting, which includes hallucinations, despite head injuries
> changing people's personalities, despite "several diseases" that are
> known to induce false religious experiences, and none of which even
> "gets to" the neurological evidence we have now... despite "all" of
> these things, people like alphaQuad imagine that "religious" experiences
> are in some "special" category, for which their "personal" direct
> experiencing of them is 100% infallible, and always right, and
> constitutes 100% undeniable *evidence* of the existence of the main
> character of their favorite faerie tale.

Ok that's really drifting, time to smack you back to reality. I had no such
experiences that you attempt to construe. The experience I have was same
experience of 1000's of other worthy people at the time. Experience I have the
power to show other worthy people unlike yourself. All of us handed tools of
experimentation, that admittedly some like monkeys, could not figure out how to
use. Stay in denial, you will not get the chance to know, my little prophecy.

> The argument holds about as much water, based on, "knowing from
> experience", as the fools looking for how DNA works by comparing it to
> Chinese language characters. Its pure gibberish. The brain is not
> reliable at telling if its "own" experiences are accurate, and even some
> *Christian* philosophers, and members of the church, over the last 2000
> years, including both Fancis Bacon, and St. Thomas Aquinas, managed to
> figure that out (or at least almost do so). Why is it that, especially
> in the US, there seems to be an absolute outbreak of people that *can't*?

There is no argument, just some who know and some completely lost for the lack
of personal experience, and, as Darren put it, some feeling guilty for not
believing and thinking they should (They should not).

Thanks for the post.

LOVE LOVE LOVE