POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Passion of the Christ : Re: Passion of the Christ Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passion of the Christ
From: alphaQuad
Date: 7 Jun 2009 15:50:00
Message: <web.4a2c18dbd4479e563559bb670@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
>
> I think you miss some details:
>> ... just so you can have a defining example ...
>
> I don't think this is very high on the list of reasons Jesus had to die.
>

> > ...a temper tantrum in the temple, the only case they had
> > on him and only excuse for the nailing ...
>
> Charges were blasphemy and treason.

Pilate said, (not word for word) something like, this is the same man that you
welcomed just so many days ago and now you want him killed, explain this
insanity to me. The one previously speaking didn't know what to say, another
steps forward and says, you have not heard the worst of his crimes, he broke
our Sabbath laws.

Now granted how vague that is, but coupled with the notion that no one wanted
him until the temple incident occurred and he was arrested 3 days afterwards,
it is an easy step to believe that if he just went on a picnic that day instead
of ...

The lesson is clear and obvious and the solution well delineated.

Blasphemy and treason seem to me to be after-thoughts, or some other term on the
tip of my tongue for which I fail to form words.