POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Media, light sources, and translation : Re: Media, light sources, and translation Server Time
5 Oct 2024 00:47:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media, light sources, and translation
From: Darkshadow
Date: 5 Jun 2009 23:50:00
Message: <web.4a29e6fd5c5dabb35efe2f960@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> I can comfirm.
> Note that rotate works as expected.
> If the LOCATION of the light_source is changed, the media follows.

Oh yes, I meant to mention that rotating and scaling the light source works
correctly.

> Just like that, you should use intervals 1, or NOT specify intervals at all and
> instead increase the samples. It renders faster that way. Also, ONLY the first
> samples parameter is ever used.

Thanks for the tip.  As to the INI settings, I just used the Write Ini File
setting.  I did take out some of the defaults, as well as the Library Paths,
but I wasn't particularly trying to make sure I took out all of the default
settings.