POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. : Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. Server Time
28 May 2024 15:40:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations.
From: clipka
Date: 3 Jun 2009 13:40:00
Message: <web.4a26b4e71369cabf1181d7960@news.povray.org>
Chambers <Ben### [at] gmailcom_no_underscores> wrote:
> > How do you work out what to type in for +w and +h to start with?  YOu
> > need to go and find the correct camera block for the render, which is
> > often not trivial for complex scenes due to multiple cameras being
> > defined in different files.  Then you need to wait for the render, and
> > start up a separate image editing program.  Is all that really necessary
> > when you just want to put the image on your desktop?  It certainly seems
> > unnecessary to me.
>
> It is unnecessary.  If you just want to put the image on your desktop,
> all you have to do is right-click, and choose "Use as desktop."  Problem
> solved, POV isn't even necessary.

Yeah, sure - you don't even need to render the POV-Ray scene. Rrrrright...

Pray tell, did you really *think* about the post you were answering to??

Sorry Chambers, just picking you from several who seem to have stopped (or never
even started) discussing constructively about the aspect ratio / resolution
issue, and just seem to stubbornly try to defend their position in the argument
(or is it just contradiction? I feel like giving some "being hit on the head"
lessons :P), possibly even to the extent that they deliberately misunderstand
posts, so they don't have to give in to its point.