POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Experiments with light probes : Re: Experiments with light probes Server Time
20 May 2024 02:08:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experiments with light probes
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 2 Jun 2009 21:05:02
Message: <web.4a25cb2e75b7d3c9c67b294d0@news.povray.org>
Just to beat the topic to death...

This is another instance where Lat/Long mapping is helpful.  If you look at the
original and corrected lat/long versions below, you can clearly see in the
original one how everything 'pinches' in to the point.  This basically
indicates that it wasn't a true 360 mapping.  In the corrected version, the
pinching is far less noticeable (however there still is a little bit if you'll
notice the doorframe behind, which tells me I didn't add quite enough to the
map, maybe I should've done 25 each side instead of 20)

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lb1.png' (1422 KB)